HOW TO CLEAN & REPLACE WANDER TRIMMER PARTS
- 2 containers
- HD simple green (purple)
- Denatured alcohol
- Tube brush
- Paper towel or rags
See corresponding video
- We recommend using 2 containers, 1 for soaking and the other for rinsing, as well as a toothbrush for cleaning the wand.
- Start by filling the first container with some heavy duty simple green, fill the second container with water as it will be used for rinsing.
- Disassemble the wand.
- If the blade is stuck inside of the tube because it had not been cleaned right after use, soak the tube and blade in some water and then using the driver hub and a hard surface, push the blade up through the tube and slide the blade out. Be sure to never use any tools to remove the blade.
- Loosen the set screw on the vacuum hose attachment and place all of the wand components, excluding the bearings, inside of the simple green solution to soak.
- While the wand parts are soaking, spray and wipe clean the other components. Alcohol
can be used to clean the tool box and motor control box. However, never use alcohol when cleaning the wand.
- Now using a sponge and paper towel thoroughly clean and wipe dry the bearings.
- Next we will clean the main tube. Scrub the inside of the tube with tube brush. You can also use a toothbrush, and implement both the bristle side as well as the plastic side to remove any stubborn build up. Scrub the outside of the tube. Rinse the tube in water, push a paper towel through the inside of the tube and wipe dry.
- Now we will clean the blade. Using the tube brush and or the tooth brush thoroughly remove all of the buildup on the inside and outside of the blade. Rinse and wipe dry.
- Clean the vacuum hose connect and the driver hub housing. Be sure to clean the threads on all of the wand components.
- When you have all of the parts cleaned, rinsed and dried, reassemble the wand. Make sure you don’t over tighten the set screw on the vacuum hose attachment. Turn the unit on and verify that it is operating correctly.
- Now, Rinse out the sponges and the tube brush.
- To clean the vacuum hose, coil it in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket. If using the bucket head, coil its hose on top. Add simple green and water at about a 1 to 12 ratio. After soaking, Rinse the hoses out with a garden hose or pressure washer.
- It’s also important to keep the vacuum you are using clean and free of mold. Be sure to disinfect and wipe clean periodically. We also recommend that you replace the vacuum filter as necessary.
- Place the motor inside the main compartment
- Tuck the hose under the flex shaft cable and along the side of the motor box.
- Coil the rest of the hose around the motor.
- Place the vacuum hose adapter, the vacuum suction control and the main motor power cord inside of the tool box.
- Place the wand and cleaning tube on the tray.
- The sponges, Velcro and Allen key are stored in the top compartments.
See corresponding video
Wand blades can be difficult to sharpen. We recommend finding a local blade sharpener and/or procuring backup blades.